Thursday 19 July 2012

Sending You Love

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a good week.
The card I've made tonight was made with a heavy heart. Its for one of the mums on my birth board who unfortunately lost her baby last week. Its so so sad. We've followed eachothers progress through pregnancy and her little boy never left the hospital but was well looked after.

We are having a raffle in August to raise money for the hospital that cared for him and we also having a just giving page which you can donate to HERE

I didn't want to give a sympathy card as standard, it seemed wrong, I wanted something bright and upbeat. She has another son and so I thought Pinwheels!

I used the colour palette at Skipping Stones and the sketch from Retro Sketches



I based my card on THIS card from Jen W. So thank you for the inspiration :)
Here is my card! 



So the shapes are cut using the Teardrop shape in Microsoft Word. The rest is a bit of freehand drawing on the edges, I felt it needed more as it seemed flat before! The sentiment is also created in word. The edges are inked with some worn lipstick distress ink to roughen it up a bit :)

I hope you like it and I hope my dear mummy friend likes it.

Take care,

Jennie
xxxx

7 comments:

  1. SUPER cute card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennie, what a desperately sad reason to have to make a card - it must have been so difficult for you. Your card is beautiful; made and sent with love.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Love the colors :) Thanks for playing with us at Skipping STones Design this week and good luck! Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors!
    Sending prayers to your friend and her family at such a difficult time
    HUGS
    Lorianna

    Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always difficult to create sympathy cards. Your card is perfect and conveys your loving thoughts to the family during such a sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet. I am sure that your friend will appreciate your thoughts and that heart your poured into it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely card which I am sure will be much appreciated at such a difficult time! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
Your comments make my day :)
Love Jennie xxxx