Thursday 19 January 2012

More Tea Vicar?

Afternoon all!
How are we doing?
Operation Nursery is going rather well! I will do a seperate post for that later, wouldn't want to keep cluttering this one with photos of my sons room hahaha!

So my new craft room is slowly coming together, relocating was fun to begin with but trying to find new homes for things is diiiiiiifficult, and I downsized too!!

This card I have for you was inspired by a card from the amazing Lucy Abrams
She is such a talented card maker! I love her creations!

One of my work colleagues was going for tea at the ritz for her birthday and so I was asked to create a card on that theme and I came up with this:


This is an image from Pink Petticoat called Cake Stand which is teamed up with one of the sentiments from the set Sweet Treats.

The image is printed on to some pearlescent ivory card and coloured with brushmarkers. They've been finished off with lashings of glamourdust glitter and a cute little pearl and some silk ribbon.

I do love this stamp and can see many used for it!
Pink Petticoat is always awesome :)

As you know I use an awful lot of Liz's beautiful papers on my cards, so much so that my stacks of paper quite often get left neglected, but they are so pretty!

If you haven't visited Pink Petticoat before please do, there are some free gifts on the blog here plenty to whet the appetite..

I love the simplistic look of this card, definitely finding that Less Is More suits me and looks very elegant!

I hope you are all well and not too cold with the miserable winter weather! Roll on spring!

I've still got a few more cards lined up to show you, but i'll spread these out over the week.

Lots of Love

Jennie
xxx

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations Paint: Birthdays
Dream Valley: Anything Goes
Sentimental Sundays: Ribbon & Sentiment
Heart Song Inspirations:  Glitter and/or white on white
Truly Madly Craftly: Anything Goes
Stamp 'n' Doodle: Birthday
Party Time Tuesday: Happy Birthday
Anything Goes: Anything Goes!
Deep Ocean Challenge: Sparkling and/or glitter
Paper Pretties: Glitter

17 comments:

  1. Super sweet card Jennie & I bet it goes down a treat! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card and I love the sparkle added.
    So glad you could share with us at
    Creative Inspirations Paint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Jennie, less is more is suiting you very well indeed; this is perfect!! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the glitter on this! A truly sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card - love the image and all the gorgeous sparkle :-) Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card, great work. Thanks for joining us at Stamp n doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, love the sparkle. So glad you joined the ribbon challenge at Sentimental Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute image - great.

    Many thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous great image love the layout bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs Cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely image and a really fab card! Glad you are having fun with the nursery....I still remember painting Jacob's 8 mths pregnant - can't have been a good sight!Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card. Great splash of glitter. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Heart Song Inspirations. Hope to see you again next week.

    Debbie
    HSI DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays!

    Sandy S
    SS DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is adorable! love the simplicity, which is a look I so can not do. ;)
    so glad you've joined the party at Party Time Tuesdays this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your clean and simple look. Your treats look good enough to eat. Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. See you again soon.
    Renee
    PTT DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Clean and Simple look on your card, Jennie, it really suits that image and shows it off well. Just perfect really! Good luck with the new craft room, think how tidy it will be. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card Jennie, love how you've coloured the cakes. That image is one of my faves. :)x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
Your comments make my day :)
Love Jennie xxxx