Sunday 8 January 2012

Elephantasic!

Evening all!
Hope you are all well!
Yesterday I packed up my craft room ,temporarily, it was still sad, but discovered lots of things I had forgotten about and donated a crate of goodies to my mum!

Operation build nursery is commencing!! Eeeek!
We had one of those fancy 4D scans done yesterday, it was amazing! Here's a sneak peak of our little boy!
Its crazy we are so nearly there! 29 weeks gone on Wednesday!
Anyway!! I am here for reasons other than my baby boy! Haha
This creation was done way back in July but I never got round to posting it as I fell pregnant and well, as you know, was not very well!

My sister in law asked for Money towards their wedding present and so I wanted something nice to present it in, so I created a cute little drawer box!


This was so much fun to make! There is a little dip in the lid so you can easily pull the drawer out, and as you can see I just added their names and the date of the wedding. We also gave them a Wedding card as I didn't want my hubby defacing this with any text hahaha!

This beautiful Image is one I have had for a while in my posession but never got round to using!
It is called Never Forget I Love You by the wonderful Phindy's Place

I coloured it using my coloursoft pencil and the background was my first attempt at trying the sky using Dorcas Designs Tutorial Here.

It needs a bit of work but I am pleased with how it came out and more importantly the bride and groom liked it :)


This is the design i Used for the Box, It is from SplitCoast Stampers, I Just created an easel style card and mounted it on the top.

So thanks all for visiting, hope you are all keeping well!
My craft room should be back in its new location next week, but I have a few creations I have held back, ya ha even a couple of Christmas ones! Hahaha

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges:

Forever Friends: Shaped Card
Inky Impressions: Anything Goes
City Crafter: Save The Date
Crafty Sentiments: Love and Romance
Top Tip Tuesday: Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge: Xtra Special Occasion
CES Challenge: Anything Goes
Gingerloft Challenge: Anything Goes
Dream Valley: Anything Goes

23 comments:

  1. Lovely card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jennie and what a beautiful image. Thanks for taking part in the CES & Dream Valley Challenges!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jennnie, how exciting to see your little boy - such a clear picture of his gorgeous little face!

    Your drawer box is beautiful and what a great idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image and what a super gift box so much more special. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and I hope operation Nursery goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a relatively new follower of your blog, I didn't know you were pregnant so congratulations from me!! How super exciting! Your card and drawer are so cute. Your colouring is amazing and I love how you sponged in the sky in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!!!!!!! your Scan is SOMETHING else!! I am GOB smacked! wow!! Lovely cute card, cute image too! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)
    Happy New Year

    Don't forget the challenges are Now fortnightly and you can enter 3 times each Challenge too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely present and those little Ellies are FAB :-)
    Awesome pikkie of Baby Boy. Isn't that amazing :-D My daighter had one done of her firstborn and I'm hoping to fund her to get one of the current Bubboo :-)
    Many Hugz
    Ike xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous scan!! and a fabulous creation too ... thanks so much for laying along at CCCB ... wishing you every happiness with your pregnancy too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous photo! And the box is gorgeous too :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab scan, so clear, congrats.
    Your box is just fab, thanks for sharing it with us at Dream Valley.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi jennie
    what a nice card
    thanks for joining the foreverfriends challenge this month
    greetings patricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww I love your scan pic - so sweet :o)

    Fab creation too, such a great idea and the image is very cute! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww so cute, love the image. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Jennie, congrats on your little bundle, I bet you cant wait for him to arrive, lovely scan pic :) your card/box is gorgeous and such a lovely treasure, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to you!! Your creation looks amazing so glad you played along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a darling project! That 4D scan is amazing! Congrats! *Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful scan of your baby and wishing you good luck. Your easel/box card is so pretty and I love the image of the elephants too. Thank you for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs
    Linda
    Gingerloft DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your elle project is lovely! But that little boy is just soooooo gorgeous - I am so super excited for you. What fun ahead!!!!The next 10 weeks will fly by! Have a wonderful 2012! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh My, isn't this just the loveliest new year creation? I simply adore your style and choice of colors too! Thanks so much for joining us here at Top Tip Tuesday challenge and I wish you to join us all year in 2012!
    Hugs and best wishes!
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what a wonderful way to present a cash gift - lovely idea!! Congrats on the upcoming birth of your son. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Gingerloft challenge this fortnight. good luck.

    Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, what a lovely little drawer card- the image is so sweet and it's a lovely way to give a money gift!! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at the Forever Friends Monthly Challenge this time!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW - aren't those scans amazing! Have you picked a name? I know you guys must be getting really excited!!! Life here is as busy as always! Maisie just turned 2, Alex is 3 1/2... THEY RE MONSTERS - LOL! Big HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
Your comments make my day :)
Love Jennie xxxx